Vero Software has launched Edgecam 2014 R2 with features that enhance functionality, such as Adveon integration, an updated Workflow, direct tooling information and job reporting.
Other major updates to the software include:
- 2D to 3D for Part Modeler which automatically converts 2D models by selecting the views and tracing the part outline.
- Edgecam Workflow Solids provides the ability to create CAM-ready 3D solid model with standard functions such as extrude, revolve, blend through parametric sketching. Other updates to Workflow include customizable ribbon bars and improved machining strategies to quickly generate toolpaths.
- Dynamic co-ordinate system creation by clicking and dragging construction planes.
- The ability to view job reports on standard portable devices and Internet browsers.
- Adveon integration gives users access to a single tool library, allowing for the management of tools from a number of manufacturers with accurate geometrical information.
- Direct import of tooling information from Mazak machines is also available.
“With so much game-changing technology in each new release, it’s no wonder many machine manufacturers are choosing to partner with Edgecam to provide a full solution for their customers’ machining needs, which includes the right software as well as the machine. Edgecam is providing the CAM part of that solution,” says Raf Lobato, general manager at Edgecam.
For more information, visit Edgecam.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.