By DE Editors
Verisurf has released the fifth generation of its Verisurf X software. With Model-Based GD&T Inspection technology at its core, the computer-aided inspection and reverse engineering software inspects parts faster and more accurately without any need for 2D drawings, according to the company.
Verisurf Model-Based GD&T data can be:
- Imported from or created on virtually any 3D CAD/CAM model
- Inspected to manually or as part of an automated inspection process
- Reported on in a variety of industry formats
“The new X5 is loaded with innovative features that greatly expand the capability of metrology devices, yet this is just the tip of the iceberg,” says Ernie Husted, president of Verisurf. “Our new software has Model-Based GD&T Inspection at its core, making it possible to import Model-Based GD&T data, create it, inspect to it and report on it.”
Additional Verisurf X5 features include:
- The new 3D Feature Scan technology automates the collection of discreet inspection points on 3D CAD models.
- The Database Write feature formats and writes inspection information to SPC applications and PLM databases. The feature also supports Microsoft Access and SQL Server database formats for integrating Verisurf inspection data with numerous enterprise databases.
- The Auto Inspection Planning now performs automatic calculation of composite positional tolerances.
- The updated Measure module has new assembly guidance arrows with resizable digital readout panel.
For more information, visit Verisurf.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.