By DE Editors
Third Wave Systems is has announced the upcoming release of Production Module version 5.9. Production Module is NC program optimization software that integrates workpiece material models, cutting tool geometries, and machine dynamics to predict and display machining performance indicators.
By plotting factors such as force, temperature, and spindle power along the toolpath, Production Module can enhance engineering expertise while helping companies identify processes that machine faster and promote improved tool life and part quality.
New and/or enhanced features include:
- User defined tool profiles for complex tools (3D)
- Optimization settings archiving for easy process replication (3D)
- Feedback system for better detection of errors and unsupported commands (2D)
- Split setup windows to better match Production Module 3D workflow (2D)
- Force calculation and optimization speed-ups (2D)
- APT code support (2D)
- Multiple tool offset definition (2D)
Production Module 5.9 will be released in April of 2011
For more information, visit Third Wave Systems.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.