By DE Editors
StudioGPU previewed the new MachStudio Core for Rhino non-linear 3D workflow and rendering software. MachStudio Core for Rhino offers a seamless way for professionals using Rhino to create and interact with 3D objects, materials, lights, cameras, and environments on a desktop workstation.
The software leverages off-the-shelf professional graphics processing units (GPUs) to enable MachStudio Core for Rhino users to interact with complex lighting, caustics, cameras, shaders, materials, ambient occlusion, and color grading.
It features as FastExport for Rhino and automated source update functionality. FastExport for Rhino allows users to select groups, layers, and other export options, and export the entire scene. The automated source update feature looks for the most current version of 3D models from Rhino. Additional features in MachStudio Core for Rhino include:
- Optimized shader and material pipeline with materials library and interactive ambient occlusion (AO) with depth peeling.
- Support for point, projected, environment, spot, and directional lights.
- Properties can be animated and keyframed for all lights and cameras.
- Physically based cameras provide settings and controls that mimic real-world cameras.
- Procedural ramp texture generation for projected lights allows for the creation of stylized lights from within MachStudio Core for Rhino without the need for imported textures.
- Export rendered images directly into Adobe Photoshop while maintaining all render passes as independent, editable Photoshop layers.
- Customizable interface with assignable hotkeys, drag-and-drop tabs, and a scene manager.
- Resolution-independent with support for many file formats and codecs, including: MOV, AVI, BMP, JPG, PNG, TGA, DDS.
MachStudio Core for Rhino will support Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP Professional, and Windows Vista operating systems. For more information, visit StudioGPU.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.