By DE Editors
The new release SINETZ 3.4 pressure drop and temperature loss analysis software in now available from SIGMA.
SINETZ calculates pressure and temperature loss in branched and intermeshed piping networks. SINETZ calculates direction of flow, rate of flow, and temperature loss for individual pipe sections, as well as the temperature and pressure of individual nodes, and the resulting flow distribution for an intermeshed system.
Calculations for compressible and incompressible media are both possible. The SINETZ interfaces are used for the import of data from CAD/CAE programs and for the export of calculation parameters for documentation purposes.
SINETZ 3.4 has several new features:
- Data in ROHR2 Neutral interface format (*.ntr) can be imported. This allows users to read data from 3D CAD systems such as PDMS and HICADnext into SINETZ directly.
- Improved calculation speed on systems with valves and/or blocked parts.
- Extended calculation of zeta values at branches; now available for sloping branches.
- Load case depending input of ambient conditions.
- Heating of the medium through insulation is considered now.
- Input and calculation of sprinklers at node ends.
- List functions revised for more editing capabilities directly from the list.
- The input of an alternative company logo or text field makes it easier to work on commission orders.
For more information, visit SIGMA.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.