By DE Editors
Remcom’s XFdtd 7.0 (XF7) is a new electromagnetic simulation tool for antenna design and analysis, biological EM analysis, microwave circuit design, and other EM simulation applications. XF7 has a streamlined user interface, cross-platform functionality, and several time-saving features.
Capabilities of XF7 include:
- Ubiquitous parameter control facilitates increased automation and time savings.
- Easy-to0create custom features via a scripting API.
- Runs natively on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- Guided modeling processes, an editable modeling history, and the ability to edit imported CAD files.
- Intelligent meshing expedites previewing of finished meshes with materials prior to simulation.
- Dynamic and interactive graphing allows results to be viewed and automatically updated as simulation data changes.
- Custom project templates, simulation history, shared libraries, and hierarchy import enable shortcuts and reuse of past results.
- Control of any output and no restrictions on where fields can be saved.
- Customizable results browser with filtering and searching tools supports an iterative workflow and fast, persistent access to all past results.
XF7 is available in both Pro and Bio-Pro versions. Both include 32- or 64-bit analysis module, geometric modeler and postprocessor, shared memory multiprocessor (MPM) at eight cores, and a variety of 3D CAD import modules. The Bio-Pro version also includes SAR capability and hi-fidelity human body meshes.
For more information, visit Remcom.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.