By DE Editors
NVIDIA Corp. has announced the availability of its entire new line of Quadro professional graphics solutions for mobile workstations.
Based on the NVIDIA CUDA parallel computing architecture, these mobile graphics processing units (GPUs) are available in the new generation of Intel Core i7-based mobile workstations from Dell, Fujitsu Technology Solutions, HP, and Lenovo.
Certified for CAD, DCC, and visualization professional applications, NVIDIA says the Quadro FX mobile graphics solution lineup provides a power-efficient, rich experience for manufacturing, design, and video production users on the go and in the field. They are optimized for and support professional applications using OpenGL, Shader Model, Microsoft DirectX, DirectCompute, and OpenCL standards.
The complete line includes:
- Quadro FX 3800M, available in the Dell Precision M6500 (17-in.)
- Quadro FX 2800M, available in the Dell Precision M6500 (17-in.)
- Quadro FX 1800M, available in the HP EliteBook 8540w (15.6-in.)
- Quadro FX 880M, available in the HP EliteBook 8540w (15.6-in.), Lenovo ThinkPad W510 (15.6-in.), and Fujitsu CELSIUS H700 (15.6-in.)
- Quadro FX 380M, available in the HP EliteBook 8440w (14.1-in.)
All of these new solutions provide dedicated graphics frame buffers (up to 1GB), and 30-bit color accuracy delivering over 1 billion colors.
NVIDIA 3D Vision support for professional stereoscopic viewing is also included in the new lineup, addressing the development of 3D capable visualization applications from companies such as Autodesk, Siemens, and Agilent.
For more information, visit NVIDIA’s Quadro professional graphics solutions site.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.