By DE Editors
The latest version of NextEngine’s software for creating parametric CAD models from 3D scans is being released. RapidWorks 3.0 includes more than 350 enhancements, according to the company.
New features include:
- Support for SolidWorks, Pro/E, NX, AutoCAD
- Feature wizards for faster creation of solid features
- Smart AutoSurfacing with 1/10th the NURBS patches
- Macros to automate workflows with a new Batch Process Designer
- Part averaging combines scans of multiple samples to normalize dimensions
- Now handles up to 1 Billion measurement points
RapidWorks 3.0 will be available in July for $2,995.
For more information, visit NextEngine.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.