By DE Editors
Stress contour plot of satellite illustrates NEi Nastran V9.2 support for the direct method of enforced motion.
NEi Software has released NEi Nastran V9.2, a major upgrade to its FEA solver for high-end finite element analysis (FEA).
The new NEi Nastran version incorporates more than 85 customer-driven enhancements. Key additions include: nonlinear composite progressive ply failure analysis (PPFA), concrete material model, direct enforced motion, bolt preload, enhanced rigid element features, visualization support for various entities, automatic dynamic plots during nonlinear analysis, transparent max/min, and a new look and feel for its industry unique Editor.
A complete detailed description of all the new capabilities in NEi Nastran V9.2 can be downloaded here.
The new technology in NEi Nastran V9.2 is of particular interest to engineers who are looking for more realistic simulations, and want to cut man-hours from analyses that typically are very time consuming and tedious. Technology differentiators in NEi Nastran include :
- Automated impact analysis (AIA) for transient impact studies.
- Automated surface contact generation (ASCG) for easier and more realistic simulation involving assemblies.
- Automated edge contact generation (AECG) for increasing productivity on shell type structures typically found in aircraft, ships, and automobiles.
- Linear surface contact for performing true surface-to-surface contact analysis in a linear static solution.
- Composite tools like progressive ply failure analysis (PPFA) and 3D composite solid element.
- Vibration fatigue analysis.
- 64-bit large model capability.
- Industry-specific tools for aerospace and maritime users.
For more information, visit NEi Software.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.