By DE Editors
Lattice Technology Inc., developers of digital manufacturing applications using the XVL format, has released the updated version of its core digital mockup (DMU), simulation, and technical authoring application, XVL Studio version 9.
XVL Studio is available in three versions, Basic, Standard and Pro. It enables rapid design review, motion simulation, kinematics, process design, and reporting in standard document formats. XVL Studio also provides the core platform for creation of print-ready and interactive digital documentation including 3D spreadsheets, mBOMs, process instructions, and 2D illustrations directly from 3D.
XVL Studio version 9 delivers new functionality for DMU and technical document creation including:
- Dynamic measurement during movement of 3D parts.
- Cross sections during animations of 3D data.
- User Interface improvements.
- Rapid shape comparison between two selected parts.
- Hyperlinks from 3D data.
- Improved annotation and dimensioning tools.
- Auto detection and update of process and disassembly trees.
For more information, visit Lattice Technology.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.