KISTERS has released 3D ViewStation Deskop version 2014.1, an application that allows users to view 3D and 2D CAD models. The platform is available as Desktop, ActiveX and HTML4 Webviewer versions. It is ideal for pairing with a PLM (product lifecycle management) or ERP (enterprise resource planning) system, the company states.
Key enhancements to the new update include CATIA 2D drawing support, an undo function, 3D-PDF exporting with templates, single key fullscreen mode. Users can also now print drawings on large format devices, including grid, markups and stamps to add notes, such as printing time or document name.
Other updates to version 2014.1 are:
- Importing of Inventor BREP
- Importing and exporting 3DVSXML
- Exporting of section curves as SVG files
- Highlighting PMI associated features
- Exact comparison of assemblies
- Expanded methods to create coordinate systems, points
A 30 day trial mode for evaluation is also available with this version of 3DViewStation.
For more information, visit KISTERS.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.