Keysight Technologies Inc., has launched the availability of a frequency domain analysis (FDA) option, the industry’s first user-extendable spectrum FDA application solution for real-time oscilloscopes.
According to the company, the FDA option extends the capabilities of Keysight Infiniium and InfiniiVision series oscilloscopes by allowing engineering to acquire live signals and visualize them in the frequency domain. Option N8832A-001 include the application, application source code and MATLAB software.
The FDA application provides solutions for analysis challenges including:
- Power spectral density and spectogram visualization.
- Frequency domain measurements in an application.
- Oscilloscope configuration through the application to allow for repeatable instrument configuration and measurements.
- Insertion of additional custom signal processing commands prior to frequency domain visualization.
- Live or post-acquisition analysis of time-domain data in MATLAB.
“The FDA application provides meaningful ways to visualize and analyze frequency domain measurements with a real-time oscilloscope, which extends the traditional capabilities of the scope and allows customers to overcome difficult signal analysis challenges,” said Dave Cipriani, vice president and general manager of Keysight’s Oscilloscope and Protocol Division. “In addition, if a project or measurement requires frequency domain analysis beyond the out-of-the-box application capabilities, customers can immediately customize and extend the solution to meet their unique testing needs.”
For more information, visit Keysight Technologies.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.