By DE Editors
ITI TranscenData has released Proficiency Collaboration Gateway 8.2, the latest edition of its CAD interoperability solution for manufacturers and their suppliers. Collaboration Gateway enables the transfer of complete design information between CAD systems, including geometry, features, sketches, manufacturing info, metadata, assembly information, and drawings in the conversion process.
Collaboration Gateway 8.2 introduces a new Drawing to PMI (product manufacturing information) translation module, which extracts dimensions, tolerances, annotations, etc. from associative legacy drawings and converts them to the corresponding 3D PMI equivalents that are attached directly to the 3D model. The user can review and correct the exchanged PMI as necessary with an enhanced PMI Completion Wizard that operates as a plug-in and tracks and validates any manual changes.
Highlights of the new release include:
- Drawing to PMI Translator for CATIA V5
- PMI Completion Wizard for CATIA V5
- Better support for enterprise deployment by allowing concurrent tasks on multi-processor workstations and enabling collaboration gateway agents to operate as a Windows service
- Support for NX Hole Package
- Improved support for large assembly export from Pro/E
- Improved performance of ditto/detail structure exchange from CATIA V4 to CATIA V5
- Support for Oracle data base
For more information, visit ITI TranscenData.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.