By DE Editors
Ideate Inc., an Autodesk Premier Solutions Provider (PSP) and operator of Autodesk Authorized Training Centers (ATC), has announced a roster of Ideate technical speakers at Autodesk University (AU) Dec. 1-3, 2009 in Las Vegas.
In its 17th year, AU brings more than 9,000 Autodesk enthusiasts from around the world together to learn, connect, and explore Autodesk technology.
Ideate presentations include:
- Teresa Martin, AEC solutions application specialist — Finding Your Way Around Shared Coordinates, a 90-minute intermediate building industry class for architects, structural engineers, MEP engineers, project managers, CAD managers, designers, and drafters. Primary software: Revit.
- David Haynes, AIA, LEED AP, director of AEC Services and Glynnis Patterson, N.C.A.R.B., director of services — Quantity Takeoffs Made Easy, a 90-minute lab (all levels of expertise) for architects, builders, and other construction professionals who want to investigate the estimating takeoff abilities of Autodesk Quantity Takeoff (QTO) in order to move from a static Excel-based estimating system to a digital based system.
- David Haynes will also present Better Decisions, Better Buildings, Early Energy Analysis, a 90-minute power user class for those in architecture and building design who are trying to leverage all of the Autodesk tools to create energy efficient buildings by making impactful, informed decisions early in the design process. Primary software: Autodesk Ecotect. Other software: Revit Architecture.
- AEC Solutions Application Specialists Ron Palma and Paul Hristov — There Is No "I" in Team, a PowerTrack intermediate class for architects, civil engineers, structural engineers, MEP engineers, project managers, CAD managers, designers, and drafters. Primary software: Autodesk Navisworks. Other software: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD MEP, Autodesk Ecotect, Revit Architecture, Revit MEP.
- Ron Palma will present two additional classes for architects, civil engineers, designers, illustrators, drafters, and project managers. Creating a Good Impression will demonstrate the best ways to work with Impression and Autodesk design applications. Signature Styles and Entourage for Impression will show how to achieve a dynamic and personal look in presentation illustrations.
- Matt Miyamoto, P.E./Infrastructure Solutions application specialist — Connecting the Dots: Creating AutoCAD Civil 3D Surfaces with LIDAR Data, an intermediate civil infrastructure class for planners, surveyors, developers, design engineers, and others involved in the preliminary design process. Primary software: AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Because not everyone can travel to Las Vegas to attend AU, professionals from the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industries are invited to attend AU Extension on Dec. 9, 2009 at Ideate offices in San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA, Portland, OR and Seattle, WA. The free one-day AU Extension events combine screencasts of AU 2009 class content with face-to-face interaction with local Ideate instructors and other users.
AU Extension is free, but seating is limited so pre-registration required.
For more information, visit Ideate, Inc.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.