By DE Editors
Genius recently released its MousePen M508W in the US and Canada. A 5-x-8-in. wireless graphic-design tablet, the MousePen M508W uses 2.4GHz wireless technology and connects to computers via a USB receiver.
The stylus is tilt sensitive ±60 degrees and has 1,024 pressure levels. As a mouse, the left button is a push down, with a right-click button and scroll button near the tip along the side. The stylus moves across the 4000 LPI high-resolution contact area as if the screen and tablet were the same. Users can switch between the 5-x-8-in. contact area to a 4:3 wide screen contact area, if desired.
The Genius MousePen M508W tablet has four express keys (Desktop, Flip 3D, Page Up, Page Down) as well as an LED power and low-battery indicator. It also has 13 programmable hot cells for customized Office and Internet shortcuts along the top of the contact area.
The Genius MousePen M508W includes the following programs for Windows:
- Annotate for Word allows users to hand write notes, highlight and annotate documents in Microsoft Word.
- Pen Notice allows users to touch up pictures, put in annotations, or insert text when doing a presentation, sending email, or editing pictures.
- Pen Commander allows users to draw command symbols directly on the digital pen tablet so you can execute commands or open files.
- Pen Mail allows users to send hand-written emails with a signature.
- Pen Signer allows users to insert signatures or hand drawn graphics into a document.
- Trial versions of Adobe Photoshop Extended and Corel Painter
The suggested retail price for the Genius MousePen M508W is $149.
For more information, visit Genius.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.