Flownex has released the newest version of its flagship software, Flownex 2014. The software is designed for system and sub-system simulation. It is ideal for simple system simulation and optimization, concept design, root cause analysis, thermal-hydraulic designs and component performance assessment.
Major enhancements of Flownex 2014 include:
- Gas turbine secondary flow modeling: users can apply stability, solution speed and accuracy to modeling in gas turbines. Key features include Swirl solver, rotating caveties, vortices, seals and rotating channel modeling.
- Steam turbine modeling: added to the turbomachinery library include HP, IP and LP reaction steam turbines and HP governing stage steam turbine components.
- GIS importing and coordinate system drawing: Flownex 2014 provides the ability to import GIS data to model pipeline systems in a matter of seconds, the company states.
- Supersonic flow: A supersonic nozzle component for simulation of shockwaves and propulsion systems.
- Simplified scripting: users can script components without knowledge of C Sharp.
- Visualization and graphing: with 3D graphing, the application now allows for distribution of properties on 3D graphs.
- 3D drawing and importing: users can import DXF and shape files.
“It is unbelievable what we have achieved in the last 12 months; our approach of working closely with our clients and industry professionals to enhance Flownex’s capabilities has once again proven itself and allowed us to deliver a product that is well aligned to the ground-breaking advances our users are achieving,” said Tiaan Dercksen, principal, software development at Flownex.
For more information, visit Flownex.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.