By DE Editors
Extensible CAD Technologies has announced the latest release of InspectionXpert First-Article. According to the company, InspectionXpert provides a faster and more accurate way to balloon CAD drawings and create quality inspection forms such as AS9102 and PPAP forms.
New enhancements for InspectionXpert First Article 2010 SP2.4 include:
- Better optical character recognition (OCR) for improved accuracy
- ODBC connector support for customizable InspectionXpert lists
- Support for plus/plus and minus/minus unilateral tolerances
- Support for customizable grid line and grid label color
- New InspectionXpert GD&T font
- Support for standard ISO shaft and hole tolerances
- Shift button now makes the mouse zoom, even in capture mode
- Support for customer-defined prefix for exported files
- New online activation process for easier installation and upgrade processes
InspectionXpert First Article works with PDF and TIFF file formats to capture inspection characteristics, eliminating the manual ballooning of inspection drawings and manual creation of inspection sheets for first article and in process inspections. The InspectionXpert product line also includes versions that integrate with CAD programs including SolidWorks, Solid Edge, CATIA, AutoCAD, and Pro/ENGINEER.
For more information, visit Extensible CAD Technologies’ InspectionXpert site.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.