By DE Editors
Data Translation, Inc. has announced the release of the DT9826 multifunction data acquisition (DAQ) module for USB. The DT9826 combines high-performance, 24-bit analog measurement, digital I/O, counter/timers, and a tachometer channel onto a single plug-and-play device. Available as a board-level OEM version for embedded test applications, or installed in a metal BNC connection box for sensor connections. All Data Translation devices include driver and software support.
The DT9826 is powered by USB, has throughput rates of up to 41.6kSamples/second per channel. It features simultaneous operation of analog input, digital I/O, counter/timer and tachometer subsystems at total throughput rates of over 830kSamples/second, according to the company. It has 16 simultaneous analog input channels, 16 digital I/O lines, two 32-bit counter/timer (C/T) channels, and one 32-bit tachometer input channel.
Other key features include:
- 24-bit Sigma-Delta ADC per channel.
- Read the digital inputs and the two 32-bit counters using the A/D subsystem and the A/D clock to synchronize digital inputs and counter timers with the analog measurements.
- Counter/timers that perform event counting, up/down counting, frequency measurement, edge-to-edge measurement, continuous edge-to-edge measurement, continuous pulse output, one-shot, and repetitive one-shot operations.
- Read the value of the tachometer input in the analog input data stream, to measure the period or frequency of the tachometer synchronously with analog input measurements.
- ±500 V galvanic isolation barrier that prevents ground loops to maximize analog signal integrity and protect your computer.
- Available installed in a metal connection box with BNC connectors, or as board-level OEM version.
- Included drivers and software compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7.
For more information, visit Data Translation, Inc.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.