By DE Editors
Full C-axis machining when combined with Mastercam Mill.
Mastercam X4 Lathe is here with a new suite of CAD/CAM tools focused on delivering efficiency to machining jobs.
From roughing and finishing to easy grooving and threading, Mastercam Lathe has been designed to reduce programmer interaction and increase machining flexibility. Mastercam’s streamlined CAD engine makes each piece of created geometry “live,” letting users modify it.
Mastercam X4 Lathe delivers a set of programming tools, including:
- “Quick Toolpaths” for programming parts with just a few clicks.
- Optimized facing including roughing and finishing.
- Complete threading with multiple starts, diameter calculation, and user customizable thread tables.
- In addition to turning, full 3- to 5-axis milling, including machines with B-axis tooling arms.
- Grooving with multiple depth cuts and pecking.
- Easily assign groove depth, width, wall angles, corner radius, chamfer, and corner dwells.
- Stock recognition for optimized turning toolpaths with minimal user interaction.
- Lead-in/lead-out controls minimize the need to modify the CAD model to control tool motion.
- The steady rest option supports long work pieces, minimizing deflection from tool pressure and material weight.
Mastercam X4 Lathe’s associative toolpaths are linked with users’ geometry. If a user modifies any element of the job, toolpaths can be updated without starting over. Mastercam’s CAD File Change Recognition tracks files from Mastercam or any other CAD system and will show users what’s been changed for easy toolpath updating. Insert libraries including Sandvik, Kennametal, Iscar, and Valenite.
For more information, visit the Mastercam site.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.