CD-adapco has released STAR-CCM+ version 9.04, the second 2014 release of its flagship simulation software. In this new release, users will see reductions in overall time-to-solution and productivity gains via workflow improvements, parallel meshing and optimization capabilities, the company states.
New Features of version 9.04 include:
- Cocurrent Per-Part Meshing allows users to distribute wrapping of multi-part assemblies over parallel processors.
- Adjoint Solver Expressions makes mathematically combining individual cost functions possible.
- CAD robustness identifies potential geometry failures.
- Dynamic Fluid Body Interaction Contact Coupling allows for modeling of contact and collisions between moving bodies and boundaries.
- Field Function Editor, makes definition and creation of new levels of realism and volume rendering more robust.
CD-adapco has also added new physics models that more accurately present the real world conditions design engineer’s products will operate.
“With STAR-CCM+ v9.04 we have continued to add new modeling capabilities, increasing accuracy realism and throughput of their applications results.” said Senior VP of Product Management, Jean-Claude Ercolanelli. “The development of the STAR-CCM+ v9 releases remains completely focused on simulating large and complex models more easily, faster and in the shortest amount of time.”
The full list of new features and their benefits are available on CD-adapco’s blog.
For more information, visit CD-adapco.