By DE Editors
MSC.Software Corp. (Santa Ana, CA; mscsoftware.com), provider of virtual product development (VPD)products including simulation software and services, has announcedthe availability of MSC.Dynamic Designer for Autodesk Inventor 9 andSolid Edge 16.
According to the company, by seamlessly turning an existing Inventor or SolidEdge solid model orassembly into a physics-based motion model, MSC.Dynamic Designer usesthe MSC.ADAMS motion simulation technology to give the user the abilityto understand critical performance information about a design withoutleaving the designer’s preferred CAD environment or performing aphysical test.
“MSC.Software is committed to providing whatever software products ourcustomers need to solve complex engineering challenges and get productsto market faster and our customers have placed a high priority onperforming more up-front simulation,” said Frank Perna, chairman andchief executive officer of MSC.Software. “MSC.Dynamic Designer isan excellent example of our integrated products strategy, combining theworld’s leading motion product, MSC.ADAMS, with two powerful CADenvironments. We will continue to work closely with our partnersto provide designers and engineers around the world with the bestCAD-embedded simulation products.”
The 2005 Version of MSC.Dynamic Designer for Inventor and Solid Edgeincludes new and enhanced functionalities to help design engineersbetter understand product performance including:
- Faceted contact: To improve efficiency and reduceoverall simulation time, enhancements have been made in thearea of improving the calculation speed associated with simulatingbumping and colliding parts.
- Bushings: To help customers create more realisticcompliant joints, MSC.Dynamic Designer 2005 now allows customers tocreate orthotropic bushings which is designed to allow customers to have moreprecisecontrol of a model, more realistic modeling of real bushings, and abetter overall simulation.
- Improved solution engine: MSC.Dynamic Designer 2005 isnow equipped with the latest release of the MSC.ADAMS solver, MSC.ADAMS2005. In addition to improved simulation speed, other enhancementsrelated to MSC.ADAMS 2005 help to make modeling and simulation easier.
- Degree of Freedom (DoF) Calculation and RedundantConstraint Removal: Redundancies affect how forces are reacted ortransmitted in a model. To eliminate redundancies or to understand theredundancies which were removed by the solver, MSC.Dynamic Designer2005 now provides a way to receive a quick estimate ofthe DoF in the model
- Improved online help throughMSC.Dynamic Designer 2005′s online reference guide.
MSC.Dynamic Designer Webinar
To understand the basic capabilities of MSC.Dynamic Designer and tolearn about what’s new for the 2005 release visithttp://www.webinars.mscsoftware.com and choose the MSC.Dynamic Designer2005 for Inventor or MSC.Dynamic Designer for Solid Edge Webinar.