By DE Editors
Aras has announced the latest open release of Aras Innovator PLM software suite.
This newest release of Aras Innovator is designed for large-scale global PLM deployments. The release combines expanded enterprise manageability, upgrade capabilities, and enablement on the latest Microsoft platform technologies.
Enhancements to Aras’s PLM architecture include:
- Support for data center virtualization enabling distributed deployment scenarios across physical server infrastructure resources around the world.
- New caching techniques optimize system calls and minimize traffic over the WAN for faster performance, according to the company.
- Workflows operate in multiple languages at the same time delivering workflow activities and instructions in the native language of each participant.
- Multi-level system notification functionality enables system administrators to issue notices out to users and provides admins with information on service packs and security updates. User notices can be tailored to specific users, groups, and/or roles.
- Database protection, additional system administrator controls, and enhanced track and audit capabilities add to Aras’s enterprise security management capabilities.
Aras can be upgraded “in place” because no recoding or data migration are necessary. All Aras upgrades are now performed for customers, regardless of customization, as part of the Aras Unlimited subscription package, at no additional cost.
The new release is enabled on the latest Microsoft platform products including:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V
- Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8
- IIS 7.5 and .NET Framework 3.5
For more information, visit Aras.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.