Altium Limited has released the latest update to its printed circuit board (PCB) design software, Altium Designer 14.3. The company states this update is based on user community feedback, and focuses on providing improved support and more efficient electronics design.
Version 14.3 gives users improved Component Variant Support, allowing for schematic and PCB design for drop-in replacement and alternative parts. It also features 3D STEP Export of rigid-flex PCBs in the folded state, updates to schematic wire dragging and enhancements for handling overlapping wires, net labels and junctions.
Other highlights from this update include:
- Productivity and speed improvements to Altium’s Interactive Routing Engine and Length tuning tools.
- Automatic Component Rotation on Polar Grid for circular component palcements
- Improved via stitching and shielding tools
- Updated internal layer usage for high density designs with automatic, unused PAD removal
- Revised Mentor Graphics PADS and xDX Designer Importers
“We are committed to deeply engaging with our user community and responding to their needs to continually improve our software,” said Altium Limited CEO, Aram Mirkazemi. “Since the initial release of Altium Designer 14, we have released two additional updates that have incorporated the features and improvements that our customers are looking for.”
The Altium Designer 14.3 update is available to Altium subscription owners.
For more information, visit Altium Limited.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.