Altair has released its list of nominees for the Enlighten Award for Innovation in Automotive Vehicle Lightweighting. The winner will be announced during the “Featherweight Competition: Agile, Light, and Strong” session of the 2014 CAR Management Briefing Seminars on August 4th. The award aims to commend achievements in weight reduction across the automotive vehicles, from motorcycles to passenger card, trucks and commercial vehicles.
The 2014 nominees are:
- Continental Structural Plastics: Composite outer body panels for Chevrolet Corvette
- Dow Automotive Systems: Epoxy structural adhesive applications; Crash durable adhesive for Chevrolet Corvette
- Grede Holdings LLC: Lightweight spring hanger bracket casting for Freightliner
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd.: Premium lightweight vehicle architectures
- LANXESS: Highly reinforced polyamide front end carrier for the Skoda Octavia
- MAHLE North America: Lightweight connecting rod for Polaris Indian Motorcycle
- Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.: Rear engine mounting bracket for the Maruti Alto
- Multimatic Inc.: Steel front lower control arm for the Chevrolet Impala
- SABIC: Optimized instrument panel for the Chrysler Jeep Cherokee
- Shiloh Industries Inc.: Acoustic panel laminate for the Cadillac ATS
“The subject of weight for the automotive industry has become a key design driver as manufacturers are under pressure to improve performance while minimizing the environmental impact of their vehicles,” said David Mason, senior vice president, Global Automotive for Altair. “This year’s nominations represent a diverse range of solutions to meet these challenges while still delivering exceptional products to the market.”
For more information, visit Altair.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company’s website.