Planit’s Edgecam offers Automatic Feature Recognition, which enables efficient toolpath generation from imported models. The latest release extends this functionality with the ability to recognize an increased number of features, including any area that has multiple open sides. Full properties of the features, including depth, radius/chamfer, and min/max XY radius enable users to select appropriate tooling and cycle parameters with ease.
2010 R1 provides increased efficiency through enhancements to its machining cycles. Improved stock awareness of machining cycles removes the need to set boundaries manually, which increases the efficiency of generating a toolpath, and increases the efficiency of the toolpath itself.
Using Edgecam’s helical technology, a number of enhancements have been delivered to Edgecam’s Thread Milling Cycle. One such enhancement includes cutter radius compensation enabling the user to align the tool selected offline with the tool to be used on the shop floor. Finish Turning Cycles have also seen development. Recognizing stock material enables the user to develop tool paths more efficiently.
Other features include:
- A new ‘peck across’ option has been added to the Rough Grooving Cycle. The new feature is designed to improve material removal rate and prolong tool life.
- A new graphical interface for all turning operations ensures the significant technical enhancements are intuitive and easy to use.
- In 2010 R1 tool selection has been enhanced within Strategy Manager, increasing the speed at which users can generate the relevant toolpaths.
- Part Modeler enables users to create or modify 3D models.
- Detail View provides a scaled up balloon view of a model, giving users the ability to examine any part of a model and highlight specific details.
- A new feature annotation function expands Part Modeler’s design capabilities, enabling users to extract design data such as tolerances and apply them automatically to the drawing with ease.
Edgecam 2010 R1 delivers a new Code Wizard for the Siemens 840D ShopMill CNC system.
Edgecam 2010 R1 supports Windows 7.
For more information, visit Planit’s Edgecam site.
Sources: Press materials received from the company and additional information gleaned from the company's website.